In keeping with my dedication to further the betterment of the German Shepherd Breed, I herewith pledge to maintain the following minimum practice:
1. To maintain the best possible standards of health and care in my kennel.
2. To refuse to deal knowingly with unethical breeders and unethical dog wholesalers or retailers, nor to deal with any buyer where I have reason to believe that the puppy or dog will not be properly cared for.
3. To keep and pass on to buyers of puppies or adult dogs accurate health, breeding, registration and pedigree records.
4. Papers and registration certificates may be withheld, by written agreement between the buyer and myself, when the puppy or adult dog has natural disqualifying faults of a nature that makes him or her use for breeding detrimental to the furtherance of the breed.
5. To deliver or ship only puppies or adult dogs of sound health and temperament and to urge all buyers to have a puppy or adult dog sold by me examined by a competent veterinarian within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt. Said examination to be paid for by the Buyer.
6. Where the Buyer or his authorized representative did not personally see and choose the puppy or adult dog shipped by me, a period of forty-eight (48) hours is granted to return or advise that he will return the animal promptly. Such shipment to be made at the buyer's expense or as previously agreed.
7. To clearly state to the buyer of a puppy or adult dog whether the sale is of a "showable" (as defined in Section 8) or a "pet" dog.
8. To allow the buyer of any "showable" dog under one year of age a period of time up to the dog's first birthday, within which time, the buyer may return the dog for a refund or replacement as agreed upon at the time of the purchase, if said dog develops one or more disqualifying faults as listed in the "Standard of the German Shepherd Dog" and the American Kennel Club "Rules for Dog Shows." The use of a sales contract or written agreement to cover any sale or purchase involving a dog is recommended.
9. To refuse Stud Service to any bitch I consider in poor health, of unsound temperament, or of having hereditary show-disqualifying faults. Nor shall I use a dog at stud nor a bitch for breeding which I consider has these faults.
10. To allow one repeat stud service if a bitch has failed to conceive after being bred to one of my studs if the stud is still in good health and available, and at such time and place as mutually agreed upon by the owner of the bitch and myself. This obligation ceases of notification of the failure to whelp is not received within seven (7) days of estimated whelping date.
11. To withhold delivery of puppies to the buyer until puppies are at least seven (7) weeks of age. This in no way prohibits their sale prior to this age.